legal issues re compiling other java libs?

Heitzso heitzso@growthmodels.com
Wed Feb 15 13:40:00 GMT 2006

>But I'm mystified why a speech synthesizer needs graphics anyway...
>
>Andrew.

freetts, the speech synthesizer, is looking for javax.sound.sampled.*
classes
which are found in IBM's graphics.jar file.  (Hey, I didn't name IBM's
jar ...)

and axis is looking for sun.awt.image.codec.JPEGImageEncoderImpl
which is found in same graphics.jar file.  Axis also needs old jimi
code from a Sun jar.

My SOAP call is extremely simple so I can get away with hand building
the xml etc. and dropping AXIS entirely.

Is there an open source replacment for javax.sound.sampled.* classes?

Thanks ...