[Fwd: Success with Nutch & GCJ]

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 19:13:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 11:56 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Andrzej> * JAVA_HOME is not set by default. I set it to /usr, where bin/java ->
> Andrzej> bin/gcj resides, and it worked. You should set it to wherever you have
> Andrzej> the bin/java binary.
>
> FWIW we use the java-gcj-compat package to make gcj look more like an
> ordinary VM in situations like this.

The nutch script requires that JAVA_HOME be set.  I find that setting it
is always a pain, because you have to navigate the crazy jpackage
symlinks to find right home.  It would be nice if there was an easy way
to set JAVA_HOME based on your current alternative setting.  Perhaps
something like this already exists - does anybody know?

AG