Java Writer cannot call append()

Rui Wang Rui.Wang@newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 13:05:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I did a test on GCJ4.2.0 on file output on Fedro code 3.

The following lines of java code are the code I am testing:

Writer output = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter("out.d"));

output.append("random output");
output.newLine();

if I use gcj to compile the code, the following error will be found:

Client.java:51: error: Can't find method âappend(Ljava/lang/String;)â in type âjava.io.Writerâ.
                    output.append("random output");
                             ^
Client.java:52: error: Can't find method ânewLine()â in type âjava.io.Writerâ.
                    output.newLine();

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Rui