[re] Java executables can abort trying to access a null pointer in a leaf function

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 17:14:00 GMT 2006

>> I just realized that no-one has ever attempted to port the signal
>> handling layer to FreeBSD.  On that platform you must compile with
>> -fcheck-references.

tsuraan> Compiling with /opt/bin/gcj -g -fcheck-references, it still gives me
tsuraan> the abort instead of the signal.

libgcj must also be compiled with this option.

tsuraan> I tried it with the gcj in 3.4.5,
tsuraan> and the program performs as normal there, without any special flags at
tsuraan> all.

The option might be baked into libgcj.spec, and thus used even though
you aren't aware of it.  Or, maybe this code used to work and there
has been a regression, I don't know.  Or if that gcj came with your
OS, maybe there are changes local to FreeBSD.