[re] Java executables can abort trying to access a null pointer in a leaf function

tsuraan tsuraan@gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:58:00 GMT 2006

> I just realized that no-one has ever attempted to port the signal
> handling layer to FreeBSD.  On that platform you must compile with
> -fcheck-references.

Compiling with /opt/bin/gcj -g -fcheck-references, it still gives me
the abort instead of the signal.  I tried it with the gcj in 3.4.5,
and the program performs as normal there, without any special flags at
all.

> Look at the bright side here.  At least you have a core file.  Now you
> can load this thing into gdb and get a stacktrace.

Yeah, I do have a core file.  my gdb isn't very happy with it though.
It says it can't find thread 1, and gives up.  If a backtrace would be
useful, I'll try to generate one though.