[re] Java executables can abort trying to access a null pointer in a leaf function

Bryce McKinlay mckinlay@redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 22:01:00 GMT 2006

tsuraan wrote:
> I'm getting the same result (program exit with abort) using
> gcc-4.1-20051029 under FreeBSD 5.4.  This happens reliably on many
> machines.  This code works fine using the same gcc source under Gentoo
> Linux with a 2.6.x kernel, so I assume FreeBSD is handling things a
> bit differently and causing the abort.

It sounds like -fnon-call-exceptions isn't enabled or isn't working for
some reason. Try specifying it explicitly, or checking -v output to
ensure that -fnon-call-exceptions is passed to jc1.

Bryce