No console output: gcj Windows cross-compiler

Daniel M Coffman coffmand@us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 4 16:06:00 GMT 2006

I have recently built a Windows cross-compiler for gcj 4.1.0 on Fedora Core
4.  The supporting facilities were
      binutil           -- 2.16.1
      w32api            -- 3.6
      mingw-runtime     -- 3.9
The target Windows platform in Windows XP.

The compiler built without difficulty.  I can compile a 'HelloWorld' test
program in both java and C on the Linux machine.  The executable built from
the C source works as expected.  The executable built from the java source,
however, does not.  The Windows machine loads the executable, or at least
seems to, but it produces no output.  The program merely exits.

I have tried linking my test program with the -mconsole linker flag, but
this changed nothing except the size of the executable.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Is there something I should check.

Thanks in advance
Dan Coffman

coffmand@us.ibm.com