[cp-patches] FYI: Some quick fixes for accessibility in Swing

Roman Kennke roman@kennke.org
Wed Sep 7 15:11:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

[I CC'ed java@gcc.gnu.org since that mainly concerns GCJ]

Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2005, 07:44 -0400 schrieb Thomas Fitzsimmons:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 22:41 +0200, Roman Kennke wrote:
> > I re-enabled some accessibility things in javax.swing that have been
> > disabled due to a compiler bug in gcj < 4. I think now that the 0.18
> > release is out it would be a good time to get rid of this
> > gcj<4-bug-support things. This will also remove a lot of clutter in the
> > JAPI pages and maybe brings some points in the score :-)
>
> This still breaks with gcj HEAD:
>
> /home/fitzsim/sources/gcc/libjava/classpath/javax/swing/Box.java:67:
> error: Nested class java.awt.Container$AccessibleAWTContainer is
> protected; cannot be accessed from here.
>   protected class AccessibleBox extends Container.AccessibleAWTContainer
>                                            ^
> /home/fitzsim/sources/gcc/libjava/classpath/javax/swing/Box.java:92:
> error: Nested class java.awt.Component$AccessibleAWTComponent is
> protected; cannot be accessed from here.
>       extends Component.AccessibleAWTComponent
>
> I assume this is a known GCC bug?

I double checked this. It definitly does compile with the gcj-4.0 that
ships with ubuntu (a pre-something release, but anyway. I assume there
have been no regressions between 4.0-preX and 4.0-final). So this looks
like a regression in gcj4.1/HEAD.

/Roman