"The state of Java on Linux"

fernando@lozano.eti.br fernando@lozano.eti.br
Mon Oct 24 11:31:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

Although the article is very nice, the title is misleading: it's not about "java on linux" but only
about GCJ.

It would be good to have a report on the general state of Kaffe, JamVM, SableVm, etc. From time to
time I try to run ArgoUML, Eclipse and Tomcat with those but the results vary imensely from one
release to another (both application and vm). Some reports seem to mean Tomcat and Eclipse should
run out-of-the box but in my experiente they won't. :-(

[]s, Fernando Lozano