java disassembler/assembler

Jeroen Frijters jeroen@sumatra.nl
Wed Oct 19 23:26:00 GMT 2005

Daniel Reynaud wrote:
> My toolkit is quite not finished for the moment but it is a
> SourceForge project : http://tinapoc.sourceforge.net

Thanks for doing this! This Java space desparately needs these tools and
I've often wondered how we been able to get this far without them
(although Jasmin does sort of work).

> PS : in case you wondered why I wrote my own disassembler,
> it's because the existing ones don't work with broken class
> files.

Execellent. Hopefully this will also be extended to Jasmin. One of the
main bottlenecks for writing tests for the class file parsing of a VM is
that is hard to produce broken class files in a standardised way.

Regards,
Jeroen