x509 certificates and pkcs11

DigitalSky - M.Suter m.suter@digitalsky.ch
Sun Oct 2 20:21:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

we are developing a small privacy tool in java (as a diploma thesis) and
experienced some problems with gcj and certificates:

I could successfully compile a bouncy castle PKCS12 keystore to native.

Afterwards I tried to do something with x509 certificates (generating,
verifying) and store these in this keystore.
I was very happy when I saw compile it too.
But when I wanted to launch this compiled program, I got the following error
message:

    at org.bouncycastle.asn1.x509.Time.getDate()
[...]
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Bundle
gnu/regexp/MessagesBundle
not found
    at org.bouncycastle.asn1.x509.Time.getDate()

Is there a workaround to solve this problem, whitout changing the code from
the bouncy castle library?

Or is there any other way, to deal with x509 certificates and keystores,
which I can compile using gcj?
(I know the GNU Crypto Library, but i couldn't find x509 Certificate
generators...)

I used MingW GCJ 4.0 and Bouncy Castle 1.29

My Second question is related to smart cards:

Has anybody tried to compile a program to native, that deals with smart
cards (with PKCS#11)?
Sun has a new PKCS11-Provider. Is there a posibility to use this mentioned
provider or do I have to use another framework
like opencard or opensc?

Martin