libjava configure question

Steve Ellcey sje@cup.hp.com
Thu May 26 00:17:00 GMT 2005

> Because we don't use the system math libraries.  We don't use them
> because we can't be sure that they conform to Java language
> requirements.
>
> Andrew.

Well, we seem to use 'part' of the system math library.  There are a
number of C routines in java/lang that use isnan() and finite() but I
don't see C versions of them defined inside the java library so they
must be getting them out of the system math library.

Should we be defining our own versions of these routines if the java
math routines like w_exp.c or w_pow.c are going to use them?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com