Missing something with gcj and jni - libjni.so?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sun May 15 05:31:00 GMT 2005

David> The compile works fine and I'm left with a webserver
David> executable. However, when I try to run the executable, I get
David> the following exception:

David> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libjni: libjni.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ ... ]
David>    at hp.WebServerStartup.loadNativeLibrary(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)

David> The problem is I can't find libjni.so anywhere on my system.

The call is coming from your application, not libgcj.
Presumably your application ships native code, which it expects to be
built and installed somehow as "libjni.so".  Search for
System.loadLibrary in your sources.