examples/tutorial on CNI?

Michael Purdy mpurdy@BTBOCES.ORG
Tue Jun 28 10:53:00 GMT 2005

This sounds fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for.  My application does contain some Swing elements for the GUI, so will I need to somehow target Sun's and Apple's VMs and then gij for the compiled java?  Or, is this not really possible...  Also, is there a list of gij supported platforms?  I hoping to target Windows, OSX, and Fedora/Redhat Linux.

>>> Bryce McKinlay <mckinlay@redhat.com> 06/27/05 1:31 PM >>>
Are you are trying to create an application that consists of mixed
(interpreted) bytecode and native compiled Java? If so, you don't need
CNI (or JNI) - these are for interfacing between Java and C/C++ code.

With GCJ 4.0 you can use the BC-ABI to create a mixed bytecode/native
Java application. See this link for some instructions:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/How%20to%20BC%20compile%20with%20GCJ

Bryce