Building eclipse batch compiler using gcj

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 22:21:00 GMT 2005

>> You may want to try gcj 4.0, which was released a while back.

Olivier> I could not find a download of a version 4.0 for MSYS on Windows XP.
Olivier> See http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml#hdr2
Olivier> I only found an experimental one here:
Olivier> http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm#gcj40

Olivier> Is this the one you are referring to?

Yeah.  I don't know much about the Windows builds honestly.  I'm a
little surprised that there isn't a 4.0 final available somewhere.
Anyway, be warned that while gcj builds on Windows, it seems to be a
bit more difficult to use there.