gcc 4.0 and JCE

Bryce McKinlay mckinlay@redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 16:40:00 GMT 2005

Stefan Prelle wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Maybe I'm just to blind to see what is missing, but I have a problem
>when building a native binary that uses the JCE. When executing a
>program that obtains a Mac using Mac.getInstance(..) this works when
>using gij and fails with a NoSuchAlgorithmException when executing the
>native binary.

GCJ and GNU Classpath don't yet support all of the same security
providers as Sun's implementation. I had a brief look through the code
and as far as I can see, Mac providers are not supplied at all. You'll
have to use additional security providers, such as GNU Crypto, to get

I don't know why it worked for you using gij, however. For me, your
example fails with the NoSuchAlgorithmException both with gij and with a
native binary.

Bryce