Still trying to compile libgcj on windows

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:42:00 GMT 2005

Frank Jacobs wrote:
> I believe that most people who create Windows builds of GCJ do it via
> cross compilation from Linux. I don't think too many people have had
> success doing the build in Windows.
>
> Personally, I've tried it from within Cygwin recently using the GCC
> 4.0 source, but it errored out somewhere during the build process.

As Tom once remarked, Windows has the largest number of users
willing to try out GCJ but the least number of hackers willing
to put in the effort to make it work. :-/

Once upon a time, yours truly was involved with GCJ/Win32
and even then he used to prefer Linux for building GCJ/Win32:

  http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/phartz/gcj/bldgcj.html

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/