GCJ and J2ee

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 13:42:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 15:34 +0200, dbousseb@netcourrier.com wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Q1 : Its possible to compile a J2ee application with GCJ (native code) ? My application use JSP/Servlet (struts) and the framework Spring and Ibatis ?
>
> Q2 : If its OK, on which application server I must deploying the file *.exe file => Tomcat or Jboss ?

Tomcat is known to work with gcj.  Fedora Core 4 was just released two
days ago and includes tomcat5, struts and related technologies.

I don't know if anybody has tried Spring or Ibatis (never heard of
that).

This is all on Linux.  Your references to *.exe files implies that
you're using Windows.  Making all this work on Windows would be an
interesting exercise.  I don't believe anybody has tried this.

I should also mention that JoNAS is starting to work with gcj.  As far
as I know nobody is looking at Jboss.

AG