Memory residence

shudo@computer.org shudo@computer.org
Thu Jun 9 05:34:00 GMT 2005

From: Linuxhippy <linuxhippy@web.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:55:09 +0000

> PS: Would be really interresting how mono/gcj-4.0 would do at the
> shudo-benchmarks ;-)

Thanks very much for your interest on the performance comparison page:
http://www.shudo.net/jit/perf/

Once I have planned to update the page with the results of GCJ 4.0 but
I saw worse results than GCJ 3.4.2 in most all cases.

I have noticed that the new intermediate representation named TreeSSA
has been introduced into GCC 4.0 and I heard that a version on CVS
toward 4.1 shows noticeably better performance than 4.0.
The current 4.0 is expected to have much room for performance
improvement and then I decided to wait for future releases before updating.

Thanks,

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo@computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/