gij/XML problem

Daniel Qarras dqarras@yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 09:19:00 GMT 2005

Hi all,

hopefully this is an appropriate list for this kind of
question:

I've compiled Java application's jars with GCJ 4.0 and
compilation worked all ok, I followed the instructions
at [1]. I can start the compiled program with "-h" so
that it prints only some usage info. But when trying
to run it for real, I get the following exception when
the application is trying to parse an XML file during
initialization. With Sun's JRE 1.4 program works so
the XML file etc should be ok. Now, my question: is
this just some silly configuration hickup or am I
seeing some missing feature in GCJ 4.0? My platform is
RH9 + GCJ4.0. The exception is below:

gij -cp ./lib/myapp.jar:./lib/log4j.jar:./lib/jdom.jar
-Dgnu.gcj.precompiled.db.path=lib/myapp.db
com.domain.myapp.MyApp foo.xml
log4j:ERROR Could not parse input source
[org.xml.sax.InputSource@4395a0].
gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSException: Protocol handler not
found: dummy
   at
gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSParser.doParse(org.w3c.dom.ls.LSInput)
(/home/test/gcc/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at
gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSParser.parse(org.w3c.dom.ls.LSInput)
(/home/test/gcc/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at
gnu.xml.dom.DomDocumentBuilder.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
(/home/test/gcc/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(org.xml.sax.InputSource,
org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggerRepository)
(/home/test/gcjtest/lib/log4j.jar.so)

1)
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathShowcase