Big Classpath Merge warning

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Sun Jul 17 10:14:00 GMT 2005

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>
>> I know have a problem building gcc mainline with a parallel build on Linux/x86-64:
>>
>> /usr/include/java/net/URL.h:25: error: global qualification of class name is inva
>> lid before ':' token
>> /usr/include/java/security/ProtectionDomain.h:24: error: global qualification of
>> class name is invalid before ':' token
>> make[5]: *** [gij.lo] Error 1
>>
>> Are there some missing dependendencies?
>
> It's missing target directories, fixed by this patch.  Bootstrapped on
> ia64-suse-linux and checked in as obvious.

It still fails for me on x86-64 with my SMP machine in the same place,
it really should not use the installed header file.

The interesting piece is:
aj@reger:/builds/gcc/misc/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu> find . -name "URL.h"
./32/libjava/java/net/URL.h

And on my UP machine where it works:
aj@gromit:/builds/gcc/misc/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu> find . -name "URL.h"
./32/libjava/java/net/URL.h
./libjava/java/net/URL.h

So, which rule is responsible for creating the header files?  And why
is there no dependency of gij.lo on it?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany