Running gump

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Jan 31 21:01:00 GMT 2005

Dalibor> If you're interested, drop me or man-di an e-mail, and one of
Dalibor> us can give you an account.

Ok, thanks.

Dalibor> Regarding the gump: I've looked into it again. The bad
Dalibor> results of gcj on the brainfood (and green's own) box
Dalibor> compared to kaffe on brutus seem to come from many gump
Dalibor> builds relying on pre-installed non-free jars, like jaxp,
Dalibor> which are installed on brutus, so that the most basic things,
Dalibor> like xml-resolver fail because their prerequisites are not
Dalibor> met.

JAXP will be in gcj in the near future.  Otherwise, yeah, I think the
goal should be testing in a 100% free environment.  So either we find
code we can use for the various dependencies, or we just suffer
through the failures until somebody writes them.