GCJ Wiki

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Fri Jan 28 17:23:00 GMT 2005

Ranjit Mathew wrote:
> However, as explained by Mark Mitchell a couple of days
> back, Java is not a release critical language for GCC.
> This means that Java bugs will not block the release
> of GCC, however critical they might be.

The release manager isn't *required* to hold the release
for Java bugs, but in practice he probably would, at least
a few days.  Especially since right now things are pretty good
and a regression from the current status would not be accepted.

So if people have platforms (especially non-i386) or
applications they care about where GCJ currently works,
I recommend frequent testing so we can catch any regressions
quickly.
--
	--Per Bothner