gcj on HP-UX

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 16:15:00 GMT 2005

>> Why is this configuration not supportet for "
>> target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava target-libf2c
>> target-libobjc "?
>> I think i need all those subdirectories to have a working java compiler,
>> isn't it?

Yes, you need at least boehm-gc, zlib, and libjava.
Ordinarily ports are turned off by default until someone makes them
work.  In some cases this is easy, though HP-UX has a bad reputation
so you might find it difficult.

>> The second error occured:../../gcc/gcc/gthr-posix.h:483: warning: return
>> makes pointer from integer without a cast
>> ../../gcc/gcc/gthr-posix.h: At top level:
>> ../../gcc/gcc/gthr-posix.h:487: error: parse error before "key"
>> ../../gcc/gcc/gthr-posix.h:488: warning: function declaration isn't a
>> prototype

Probably a bug in gthr-posix.h of some kind.  Maybe a missing #include.
Or maybe HP-UX doesn't have the necessary posix thread support, I
don't know.

Like Michael, I recommend starting with a more recent version of gcc.
The most difficult part of the port is likely to be the GC; most of
libjava is actually fairly easy to port to another unixy system.