copile java 1.5 code

Jens Fransson fransson@fransson.de
Wed Jan 26 15:39:00 GMT 2005

TOW> I tried Excelsior, but I cant install excelsior correctly. I
TOW> thought this is caused with jdk 1.5 ...

I tried Excelsior only with 1.4.

TOW> does it work??? Can you give me a short hint (may the commands?)
TOW> how to install and compile?

My way was to port my app from 1.5 back to 1.4.

TOW> Is the performance better than gcj?

Yes, definitely. The performance with my memory- and cpu-hungry app
with Jet is exactly the same as with JRE 1.5. Native compiled GCJ
code is about 2 to 5 times slower - looks like it has some serious
memory allocation/garbage collection related performance problems.

Hope this helps...

Jens