4.0.0 JNI/reflection invocation 2/4/8 times as slow as in 3.3.3

Jost Boekemeier jost2345@yahoo.de
Tue Jan 18 12:23:00 GMT 2005

Okay, bug #1, gcc3.4 crashing, is due to a bug in natMethod (I think it
was), which is trying to call an interface.  I think this could be
worked around by not calling interface methods via jni/reflection in
gcc.3.4, for example by calling my own HashMap next/isNext() methods.

As understand it, it is impossible to call virtual methods via
jni/reflection in 3.3.3, possible in gcc 3.4, but it fails to detect
interfaces properly.  So this crash is actually a feature, not a bug. :)

Now on with the real problem, the increasing jni/reflection overhead.

Jost