RFC: BC-ABI and Old Verifier

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:03:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

  How about making either -findirect-dispatch the default
*or* resurrecting the old verifier for the non-BC-ABI
case?

The current situation would cause users unnecessary pain
(e.g. PR 5537) so it should be resolved either one way
or the other,  or we risk having to listen to lots of
user complaints when GCC 4.0 is released.

With the BC-ABI merge, a lot of the old verifier was
disabled/crippled (e.g. subroutine verification):

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/verify.c.diff?r1=1.66&r2=1.67&only_with_tag=MAIN

If we can't quite make BC-ABI the default yet, we
should revert verify.c to revision 1.65 (just before
the BC-ABI merge).

My 2p.
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/