Native gcj: --resource does not work

Jens Fransson fransson@fransson.de
Mon Jan 3 19:13:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

thanks for your reply!

Your technique only works with class-files, which is not a real
problem, although I heard that gcj produces better output when working
on plain source code.

Your mail does not say anything about wether you tried to load a
.properties file via the ResourceBundle.getBundle() method. This did
not work for me, but it seems to me that this is rather a problem with the
implementation of ResourceBundle.java than with the "--resource"
switch of gcj. I suspect this because I was able to create a
workaround using ClassLoader.getSystemResource() which finds the
.properties file.

Did you try the ResourceBundle.getBundle() method?

Nice greetings from Germany/Hamburg,
Jens