Minimal libjava for embedded applications?

Joshua Shagam (NY) jshagam@guillemot.com
Fri Feb 18 20:34:00 GMT 2005

Since BREW has its own version of the standard library with its own function
names, for now we're just reimplementing the parts of the library that we
need, since those parts are pretty minimal (even on the MIDP version of the
game we have an abstraction layer on top of Canvas due to the way MIDP
handles full-screen canvases and so on).  So we're basically just
reimplementing over java.lang.Object, java.lang.Exception, system.out, and
the garbage collector - basically we just need a way to get gcj-compiled
binary code to link against C++ code and run on BREW, and not a fully
compliant Java runtime or anything (so e.g. reflection isn't necessary).

Thanks for everyone's input, in any case.