Compiling of GCJ and SWT under MacOS X

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 08:29:00 GMT 2005

>>>>> "Andi" == Andi Vajda <andi@osafoundation.org> writes:

Andi> Agreed, if Apple changes the jni structures and doesn't look for
Andi> compatibility with the other VMs, there is not much more gcj can do.

Yeah, definitely.  We try hard to be compatible with the JNI spec and
also existing practice.  If Apple published their changes we could
look at extending our JNI to cope, though whether we'd want to is hard
to say... it depends on what they've done.

Andi> By the way, does anybody know if gcj is going to be part of Apple's
Andi> gcc toolchain at some point ? At this time, they don't ship it.

No clue, you'd have to ask Apple.