gcj on osx questions

Andi Vajda andi@osafoundation.org
Tue Dec 13 03:52:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Mohan Embar wrote:

>> I'd like to get JNI libraries built against Apple's JDK to be loaded
>> by libgcj....
>
> Ugh. Maybe I spoke too soon (new territory for me):
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2005-02/msg00067.html

Yes, you've got two hurdles to overcome:
   - the mismatch in header files
   - the mismatch in shared library kind, a bundle is not a dylib

It seems that on OS X, bundles are preferred when a library is dynamically
loaded and unloaded via the dlopen() APIs, and a dylib is preferred when
you're using the linker to link your code against it. A bundle cannot be
linked to with the linker, a dylib cannot be unloaded.

Andi..