Memory problem

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm@hp.com
Fri Dec 9 23:07:00 GMT 2005

There's a slight generalization of this in the GC7.0alpha tree now.  See

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bdwgc/bdwgc/pthread_support.c?rev=
1.1.1.1&view=auto

I'm not sure that's enough to make everyone happy, though.  I think
there were other requests to run Java code in threads that predated the
libgcj startup.  That really requires a thread registration facility in
the GC.  That's also in GC7. (See GC_register_my_thread in
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bdwgc/bdwgc/include/gc.h?rev=1.2&v
iew=auto .)

The problem is that that tree doesn't really have enough miles on it.
And I'm sure it currently breaks on a bunch of platforms.  And the
import is likely to be a mess, since a large fraction of the source
lines changed.  (It finally drops K&R compatibility among other major
changes.)

On the other hand, if something is pressing, it might be reasonable to
backport pieces.

Hans

ly/msg00009.html

Is this the kind of solution you're looking at?

Thanks,

AG