JvInitClass calls exit?

tsuraan tsuraan@gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:02:00 GMT 2005

> You should take a look at the PyLucene project,
> http://pylucene.osafoundation.org, which has been doing something very similar
> for about two years now. I just released a version of PyLucene built from Java
> Lucene 1.9rc1. PyLucene is a python extension built around a gcj compile of
> Java Lucene. I've had to add a number of calls to JvInitClass() for classes
> that have static methods invoked on them without being first instantiated.
> FSDirectory is one of them. See lines 4794 and on in
> http://svn.osafoundation.org/pylucene/trunk/PyLucene.i for the complete list.

I'll have a look.  How hard would it be to just use the c++ library
that pylucene makes?  I'm actually using python with my own c++
library that interacts with CLucene (trying to replace CLucene with
gcj compiled apache lucene), so maybe just using PyLucene would be the
way to go with this :)  How stable is the project?  Would you say it's
reasonably solid, once it's been built?