SWT in a DLL [long]

TJ Laurenzo tlaurenzo@gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:57:00 GMT 2005

> Am I trying to do something unachievable with current gcc/gcj and SWT?

I wouldn't say unachievable, but the state of having GCJ produce
working DLLs for mingw/cygwin is fairly broken.  Mohan Embar has done
the most work on this (http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm) and
has acheived some level of success.  However, there are a couple of
critical pieces that need to be filled in before dynamic builds with
GCJ on mingw will be really workable.  You ran into one of them with
the linker heuristics for resolving data imports.  Another has to do
with exceptions propagated across DLL boundaries (I think currently it
will cause a crash).

I did some work on this a few months ago, but don't have a personal
Windows machine anymore to continue.  These issues are solvable...
perhaps you can pick it up.

TJ