Garbage collector stopping my world for half a second

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin@egholm-nielsen.dk
Mon Dec 5 12:20:00 GMT 2005

>>The problem is that I have external hardware connected that "need" being
>>"triggered" from my application with more precision than ~400 ms. - more
>>likely ~100 would be good.
> I never had the time to really look into it, but there is a fork of gcj
> called jRate which adds support for most of the features required by the
> RTSJ real-time specification. Maybe they provide some things that can be
> helpful. http://jrate.sourceforge.net/
Looks interesting - thanks for pointing Mark...
However, it seems there is a substantial amount of refactoring work for
me if I am to rewrite my code to use this API.
And moreover it's not entirely clear what status the project is in with
respect to PPC and libgcj version - I'm polling them for more info wrtt...

// Martin