Garbage collector stopping my world for half a second

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Dec 1 21:21:00 GMT 2005

Hi Martin,

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:28 +0100, Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
> The problem is that I have external hardware connected that "need" being
> "triggered" from my application with more precision than ~400 ms. - more
> likely ~100 would be good.

I never had the time to really look into it, but there is a fork of gcj
called jRate which adds support for most of the features required by the
RTSJ real-time specification. Maybe they provide some things that can be
helpful. http://jrate.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Mark