is it a bug of libgcj ?

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 07:23:00 GMT 2005

bbskill wrote:
> hello all ,
> my gcj is gcc/gcj4.1, compiled by myself. I meet a strange problem
> showed below:

What snapshot are you working with? With current CVS sources,
I cannot immediately make sense of the reported line numbers
in the stack-trace. Since you seem to have access to the
sources, can you see what the reported line numbers are doing?
You can find the relevant source files in the
"$GCC_SRC_DIR/libjava/java/io" folder. With recent snapshots,
you can find the files in the "$GCC_SRC_DIR/libjava/classpath/java/io"
instead.

> Why two examples behavior so different ? why the first example throws a
> java.lang.NullPointerException?
> is a bug of libgcj??

Could very well be. It could also be that it has been fixed in
recent times, if nothing else, than by the merge with Classpath.
So you might also want to try it out with latest sources.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/