UnsupportedEncodingException

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Sep 29 15:33:00 GMT 2004

>>>>> "Mohan" == Mohan Embar <gnustuff@thisiscool.com> writes:

Mohan> This probably has to do with the fact that the MinGW
Mohan> build doesn't use libiconv and the Linux builds do.

A pedantic-ish nit: we do use iconv, but not via libiconv (which is a
separate library), but just straight out of libc.  You can use
libiconv on other platforms, though this isn't really tested much, and
I wouldn't be surprised if we were to find that we're missing
configury or Makefile bits for this.

We need someone to write a converter that uses the native Windows API
for character set conversion.  We could use that in place of the iconv
converter on Windows.  I'd imagine this is fairly simple to do.