Newbie problems with GIJ (exception faults)

Marreco nospam@nospam.com
Thu Sep 2 00:29:00 GMT 2004

Hello,
I have got the following error running GIJ with a simple
HelloWorld.class, generated with GCJ and another with javac:

me@machine:~->gij hello.class
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hello.class
    at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
    at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
    at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const,
boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
    at main (Unknown Source)
    at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc.so.6)
    at _start (Unknown Source)

I am a linux and a Java newbie. The code was pasted from Java tuts, the
GIJ I have was already here (as GCC).

Any help welcome.

Marreco