Security test failures due to installation issues

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Thu Oct 14 05:25:00 GMT 2004

Hi Ulrich,

Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the newly added md5test and shatest test cases fail because
> they produce the following unexpected output:
>
> WARNING: could not properly read security provider files:
>          file:///home/weigand/fsf/gcc-head-install/lib/security/libgcj.security
>          file:///home/weigand/fsf/gcc-head-install/lib/security/classpath.security
>          Falling back to standard GNU security provider
>
> This happens if you configure using a --prefix that points to
> an empty directory and run the test suite before 'make install'.
>
> Any ideas how to fix that?  Generally speaking, 'make check'
> should never access the install/prefix directory, but always
> set up things so that files from the build directory are used
> for the test.  I have no idea how to achieve that for those
> .security files, however ...

I'm aware of what of I've done :)
I'm working on it to get these tests pass if the compiler suite isn't
installed.
It may take a few moments util I have it.

Apologize for new failures.

Regards,
Andreas