bc-abi2: large application handling

Jakob Praher jpraher@yahoo.de
Mon Oct 11 20:11:00 GMT 2004

Am Mon, den 11.10.2004 schrieb Andrew Haley um 18:48:
> Jakob Praher writes:

>  > >  > in java every class can be mainable, so how do you go for that when
>  > >  > compiling so files - is the --main argument still the right method
>  > >  > should.
>  > >
>  > > Shared objects don't have a --main.  You can invoke them with gij,
>  > > which you give a class name whose main you wish to invoke.
>  >
>  > ok. that's new to me.
>  > how do you supply the so files then (using LD_LIRBARY_PATH?)
>
> It's in the docs.  See 'Extensions' in gcj.info.

mmm. didn't got that quite. theres that paragaph that says, that if the
so is on the classpath (this could mean inside a jar like or directly on
the classpath), the gij shared library loader will be able to load the
class through the shared library. I've tried that .... Probably I've to
read through the gij.cc source code.

>   > >  > with bigger classes, I get an internal compiler error. Is the usage
>  > >  > simply wrong, or is that a bug in the compiler?

> gcj should automatically locate libgcj-3.5.0-abi.jar where it's been
> installed.

interesting. Yeah I get strange errors here. I will try to get the
locate these. It is a rdesktop application. Perhaps I should start with
something from which I know more about the source code. (Just wanted to
try  out some random java app (1.2 compatible)(of course with all the
dependencies) )

-- Jakob