OpenOffice.org: AbstractMethod error with Sun's jaxp/parser

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 23:22:00 GMT 2004

Caolan> The following little standalone example at
Caolan> http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/gcj.problems/parsertest.tar.gz
Caolan> barfs with...

Thanks for making this self contained.

The problem seems to be that the test program is picking up the
org.w3c.dom that we ship, not the one that is in the jar.

It seems that, contrary to the binary compatibility rules, a new
method was added to the interface org.w3c.dom.Node.  Yay.  The code
generating this exception is not buggy.

Running gij with -Dgnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.library_control=never
worked for me.  This is needlessly obscure, not to mention bogus, not
that I can suggest a better fix at the moment.

I'd like to ship GCC 4.0 with a sane setup by default where we don't
need stuff like this.