how to get System.out.println("\u7B80\u4F53\u4E2D\u6587") work (on win32)?

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Mon Nov 8 08:35:00 GMT 2004

Hi All,

>> I'm sorry that nobody answered this.  I'm not a Windows person, so I
>> don't know the answer.
>
>I'm no longer a Windows person, but I hope the
>following answer helps. :-/

>I see that Mohan's pre-built binaries are configured with
>"--enable-libgcj-mingw-osapi=ansi", which does not seem to
>be a supported flag in the FSF sources. Mohan, do you have
>a private patch for this flag?

Sorry I didn't notice this one. Yes, passing --with-win32-nlsapi=unicode
might do the trick. Setting this flag to "ansi" has the effect of
omitting the preprocessor definition for MINGW_LIBGCJ_UNICODE, which
compiles in the ANSI logic - no private patch involved.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/