Howto set the initial heap-size?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm@hp.com
Wed Nov 3 18:33:00 GMT 2004

The collector itself should understand GC_INITIAL_HEAP_SIZE.
Other such environment variables are described in
boehm-gc/doc/README.environment, though a few
currently require configure arguments to enable.

You can get basically the same effect by calling GC_expand_hp
from startup code.  This should probably be exported through
some gcj-specific Java class, but I don't know if it is.

Hans