cni-changes documented?

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 19:18:00 GMT 2004

Adam Megacz writes:

 > root <aph@redhat.com> writes:
 > > This wil make no difference *at all* to anyone who has an MMU that
 > > does trap on null pointer accesses;
 >
 > Ah, right.
 >
 > BTW, I'm not too knowledgeable on the gory details of C++ templates,
 > but would smart pointers let us do precise GC?

I've been discussing this with Hans.  The answer is a definite
"maybe"!  :-)

Really, it all depends on what restrictions we're prepared to put on
the writers of CNI code.  I reckon the necessary restrictions are
quite reasonable, but I haven't been able to persuade Hans.  So, the
jury is out.

Andrew.