enabling/disabling assertions

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 21:13:00 GMT 2004

Per> I propose two new gcj options:
Per>    --enable-assertions[=NAME]
Per>    --disable-assertions[=NAME]
Per> The syntax for NAME matches that for JDK's java command:
Per>    PACKAGE_NAME["..."] | CLASS_NAME
Per> If there is no "=NAME" the default applies to all classes.

There's already some machinery in gcj for something similar to this,
it is used for --assume-compiled.  We could re-use that code for this
sort of thing as well, perhaps changing it to conform to the above
syntax.  IMO there's a benefit to having a similar specification
approach for all per-class options.

Per> We should also also add support for enabling/disabling assertions
Per> in gij, though that is less urgent.

There's a PR for this already.