libgcj and the NPTL posix threads implementation

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 22:19:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 14:16, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> I'm a bit confused, in part because I'm an X86 assembly amateur.

Same here.

> I assume both of the proposals below retrieve a value stored at an offset from
> %gs?  (What's "move"?  Is it different from "mov" or a typo?) Won't %gs itself do as
> a thread-specific value?

That was my first guess as well, but I only get 33 out of it.  I don't
know why, and I'm not motivated enough to find out :-)   glibc uses
%gs:0x8 so that's what I went with.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>