SWT 3.0 and gcj

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 20:33:00 GMT 2004

>>>>> "Mohan" == Mohan Embar <gnustuff@thisiscool.com> writes:

Mohan> Several people have been asking about a Win32
Mohan> build of SWT 3.0. Tom mentioned here that there
Mohan> were verifier problems preventing this:
Mohan> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-10/msg00191.html
Mohan> ...but that there were workarounds.

Mohan> Does anyone know the status of this currently or
Mohan> have workarounds that I can use to build this?

The only workarounds I know of are (1) compile some files from .java
instead of .class, or (2) hack verify.c:check_pending_block() not to
return an error in this situation.

Getting the libgcj verifier into gcj is still on my to-do list.  I
have no idea when I might get around to it though :-(.