Error: Non-static method overrides static method

Robin Rawson-Tetley enquiries@sheltermanager.homeip.net
Mon Jun 28 21:39:00 GMT 2004

> These definitions all look at accessibility, though, so in some
> situations you can have methods with the same name and signature
> without getting an error.

That would explain it - the problem I see is with a protected static
method overriding a public instance method. I just patch the code around
it since it's just one offending class in SWT.

> ... where `method' is a static method.  This evaluates `expr' for side
> effects and then calls the static method.  Goofy, perhaps useless, but
> there it is.

Very interesting - I'm sure there must be a use for it (I'm going to
play with this now).

Cheers,

Rob

Robin Rawson-Tetley