[licensing@fsf.org: Re: [gnu.org #201605] Classpath code and licensing]

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Jun 24 14:42:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 00:48, Robin Rawson-Tetley wrote:
> Hey guys - thought you might be interested in this (from previous thread
> about reusing some classpath code in SwingWT and vice versa).

Hmmm. It is kind of a generic answer. Maybe if we come up with specific
lists of classes and code we can more easily negotiate some terms for
sharing.

> Looks like they're basically telling me to ask the classpath guys -
> don't suppose the authors are on this list? It was largely Java2D code
> we're interested in :-)

Or we can ask the eclipse board again about relicensing (or dual
licensing) SWT under something (L)GPL compatible. Last time we asked
them they seemed positive about that option, but they were going to spin
off in their own Eclipse organization and were looking for a new
"leader". As far as I understood the recent news it looks like they
finally have a new executive director.

Cheers,

Mark